#81 Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State – Junior
2010 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year
2010 1st Team All-American
2010 Fred Biletnikoff Award winner (Best WR)
October 2010: arrested for misdemeanor DUI.
2009: 20 REC 260 YDS 13.0 AVG 2 TD
2010: 111 REC 1782 YDS 16.1 AVG 20 TD
- Gives good effort to block for his teammates.
- Does a good job coming back to ball.
- Excellent hands. Good concentration, but will have a dropped ball every once in a while.
- Doesn’t have any problem catching over the shoulder throws, such as on fades to the back corner of the endzone.
- Will sometimes allow passes into his chest or stomach on catches.
- Excellent run after the catch ability.
- Can go up and fight for passes, using his strength to his advantage to bring ball down.
- Big, strong receiver. Great size.
- Very good acceleration.
- Doesn’t have elite speed, but still 4.5 and in good range for there to not be a concern about it.
- Consistent, reliable receiver.
- Physical wideout, can beat cornerbacks’ jams at the line of scrimmage (LOS)
- Has ability to make defenders miss in the open field with his agility
- Still should improve route running. He’s using his size and body to shield defenders so he can get the ball easier, but against tougher defenders, he won’t be able to lean on that as easily.
Projected round as of 1/16/2012: Top 10 pick