#77 Riley Reiff OT, Iowa – Junior
2009 1st Team All-Big Ten
2010 2nd Team All-Big Ten
2011 1st Team All-Big Ten
2009: 11 starts
2010: 13 starts
2011: 13 starts (finished with 34 consecutive starts)
Arrested for public intoxication and avoiding arrest in July 2008.
- No concerns about his strength, as you should expect from a top offensive lineman.
- Very good size and has the body of an NFL left tackle.
- I was impressed by his quickness to slide out to protect the edge after the ball was snapped. Although, I wouldn’t say he’s one of the top athletic tackles out there this year. But he’s still got good athleticism for an NFL left tackle prospect.
- I rarely saw him get beat in pass protection. He doesn’t let pass rushers get around the edge on him.
- I think his footwork could use improvement.
- As I watched him in pass protection, I could definitely see that he’s got good knee bend.
- He does a good job of combo blocking (blocking one defender, then moving to the next level of defenders and blocking a second one).
- Does a good job of extending his arms to get to defenders.
- Also does a good job of getting lower than his opponent.
- I really like his run blocking and I think he excels in this more so than his pass protection. On some occasions, he drives his defender 5-10 yards down the field.
- Comes from Iowa’s “NFL offensive linemen” factory and I think coaches and teammates will love his nastiness.
Projected Round: 1st Round, top 10 overall pick