Ryan Tannehill QB, Texas A&M
Honorable Mention All-Big 12 2009 & 2010
2008-2010 1st Team Academic All-Big 12
2008: 55 REC 844 YDS 5 TD
2009: 46 REC 609 YDS 4 TD
2010: 13 G 152-234 65% 1638 YDS 13 TD 6 INT
- Stepped up to replace Jerrod Johnson in 2010. Former WR.
- When things break down in front of him, he has the athleticism to take off and create plays with his feet.
- Needs to improve reading defenses, quite a bit actually, due to his lack of full-time at the QB position.
- Footwork is good, but still has quite a ways to go.
- Stands tall/fearless in the pocket, sometimes taking hits.
- I like his pocket awareness.
- Effortless throwing motion.
- Holds ball high up against chest before rearing back to throw.
- Short and medium accuracy are very good, long accuracy inconsistent.
- Must not stare down receivers, but at times he’s shown he scans the field well.
- Has the arm strength to get the ball downfield to stretch defenses.
- Needs to work on sideline touch passes.
- A&M likes to use him on rollouts and his accuracy is pretty good while on the run.
- Pretty good decision maker, but still could improve a lot having only limited time at quarterback so far in school.
- Good throwing mechanics, won’t need to worry about reconstructing that at all.
Projected round (as of 8/29/2011): 2nd round
Draft Stock Chart will appear here in the coming months.